Digital technologies are so deeply embedded in our lives that we literally cannot live without them. Communication, making business meetings or dates, organizing remote work, making calls to other countries, collecting information from clients and much more is simply impossible without gadgets and specialized applications. Therefore, the market offers us a wide range of instruments with their pros and cons. Today we’d like to take a closer look at the Burner app and compare it with the best Slack app - Clerk. Let’s start!
What do I need to know about Burner App?
Sometimes, you may need to hide your phone number. This can be casual acquaintances, online services, social surveys in large stores, and a whole range of other situations in which you do not want to disclose your phone number at all. Endless spam, ads, bulk SMS - this is just an incomplete list of what you may encounter if you disclose your number in the wrong place. Virtual phone numbers are very popular among Americans today, and it’s not surprising. Thanks to them, you can use your phone and not be afraid of spam.
Burner is an app to create additional phone numbers on your device. The tool is available on iOS and Android. The app offers users an unlimited number of North American virtual numbers. What opportunities does Burner open?
- Virtual US and Canadian (VoIP) numbers
- Free calls to anywhere in the world
- SMS and MMS
- Unlimited number of phone numbers
- An instant removal of created numbers that immediately stop working, such as in Google Voice
- Two pricing plans
- 7 days trial version
- Clean and intuitive interface
Burner is a great solution if you want to quickly and easily get a disposable VoIP number for personal use, i.e when registering on a dating site. In general, the application will be useful to anyone who wants to protect their personal information and remain anonymous.
What does Clerk offer?
Remote work has become an important component of any business, and in some cases, this is the only way for the team to continue working. Many startups and businesses, including large companies, have transferred their employees to a remote mode. Slack is the best solution to do this without sacrificing efficiency. Thanks to its advanced features and integrations with other apps and services, Slack easily turns into a perfect business tool.
What does Clerk have to do with it? Clerk is the best Slack app, it greatly expands the communication capabilities of the latter. This slack bot allows you to send and receive SMS and MMS all inside of Slack. Plus you get:
- High-quality communication
- Ability to send an unlimited number of SMS, including bulk mailing and SMS auto-reply
- Ability to use multiple phone numbers
- Integration with other services and applications inside the Slack workspace
- Round-the-clock customer support
- Import of contacts from various sources, such as Google or Hubspot
- A free version of the product, to get acquainted with all the functions of Clerk SMS
Law firms, medical practices, real estate, insurance agencies, Amazon brand management services, and other startups will find everything they need to grow successfully with Clerk.
It’s worth noting that the Slack tem has included Clerk on their “Brilliant Bot” list of the best Slack apps. Such a recognition speaks volumes and confirms that Clerk is the best Google Voice alternative.
When choosing any tool, try to focus on the tasks it performs. Burner is great for cases when you quickly need a virtual number. As we wrote earlier, this may be needed to register on dating sites, make calls abroad, or save money.
Clerk, on the other hand, focuses primarily on organizing communication within the team or with clients. Of course, Clerk is suitable for personal use as well. But it’s business and startups that Clerk mainly focuses on.
Burner and Clerk are both popular Google Voice alternatives. However, Clerk offers more options than Burner. Here are the key ones:
- VoIP and non-VoIP numbers for MFA verification purposes required for registration on many services such as Amazon or Facebook
- Integration with other Slack applications, services, and third-party CRM systems
- SMS auto-reply and mass messaging for communication with clients
- Cross-platform application. You can use Clerk on any device with Slack installed. It’s not only a mobile phone or tablet but also a PC
- More flexible pricing options
- Round-the-clock customer support
Clerk Slack app is designed to take on broader challenges for both start-ups and large businesses.