Populating Your Google Sheet With Contacts
This article covers how to import contacts with a Google Spreadsheet Connector. It is very important to format your Spreadsheet correctly or the integration will not work. Use the following Google Spreadsheet Template as a starting point.
Name your contacts file and put in your desired location in Google Drive.
Things To Note
- Do not change the names of the header columns
- Format your US or Canada phone numbers in the following way (###) ###-####
- If you have an international numbers you can foromat them +##########
- Sync between Slack and Google Sheets is NOT instanstanceus, it can take up to a few minutes for the contacts to appear.
- Each contact can belong to multiple groups. Just separate them with a comma. For example (NYC, SF).
Make sure to select Comma-separated values (.csv) file type and Automatically republish when changes are made.
Copy the following URL as you will need it in the next step.
Connecting Clerk to Google Sheets
Connecting your google contacts to Clerk is easy. There are a few steps to set it up Launch out your Clerk menu by typing
/clerk and click on Integrations.
Re-connect if you already tried conneting your Google Sheets.
Paste the URL from the previous step.
*Note: If you are getting an error make sure that you have selected Comma-separated values (.csv) file type when publishing from Google Sheets.*